Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3

Pages

Welcome

About Me

My photo
I am a family, portrait, wedding and lifestyle photographer. The process of making people comfortable with the camera is just as much of a passion for me as is capturing the moment. It is important to me to make the photo session experience a memorable one as well. I know it's a generic statement but I am passionate about life and the urgency to document the moments as they unfold. Take time to invest in the days of your lives. Call me--I can help! I've created a "book of days" gallery on my website: www.mbgpics.com where I do that for my own life. Hopefully it showcases who I am as a person as well as as a photographer.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

soccer mom...huh?







today i took my son to his first soccer game.

cliff note version: he resisted.

his fight to 'not play' lasted a few minutes longer than i thought (and if you know aaron at all--you KNOW he can put on some LONG fits!) and i must admit that the high temps and the sun blaring did add to his frustration and fear of this strange game i was forcing him to play.

he did a great job blending in with the kids and jumping into the action. i was proud of him. and then i found myself falling into the pattern of becoming 'one of those moms' yelling spiritedly (and loudly-we are not a quiet family) for my son to "follow the ball" lugging my huge DSLR, snapping photos when i know that the light is terrible. at times i looked around to see if anyone was repulsed by my obnoxiousness. i did get a few glares but nothing too significant. all in all--it was a lesson in culture shock. but it was a fun lesson.

we are now official 'soccer parents' and, now I know to tone it down... just a little bit.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You make even bad light look good.

Come over next week and our sons can play soccer together.

Heasleye said...

Heehee... I got a great visual of your first soccer experience! Glad you shared, as we will embark on this adventure with Ethan in September. I'm sure I'll be just as obnoxious with my big camera. :)

Elaine
http://www.heasley.net/eblog/