Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3

Pages

Welcome

About Me

My photo
I am a family, portrait, wedding and lifestyle photographer. The process of making people comfortable with the camera is just as much of a passion for me as is capturing the moment. It is important to me to make the photo session experience a memorable one as well. I know it's a generic statement but I am passionate about life and the urgency to document the moments as they unfold. Take time to invest in the days of your lives. Call me--I can help! I've created a "book of days" gallery on my website: www.mbgpics.com where I do that for my own life. Hopefully it showcases who I am as a person as well as as a photographer.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Art Therapy...









i signed up for a photoshop class. it was very cool: in a cool space, cool group and cool instructor. but my head starting spinning regarding all the things cs3 and lightroom can do. and...one week later...after seeking out more information, it spins still.

do i need lightroom, can i afford to buy both lightroom and cs3? what are actions? what's the difference between plug ins and actions? how does an action differ from texture layers? yada yada yada.

but i must admit that i was blown away with what you can do in cs3 and how much it can save your a#@ if the image is just not right or if you just want to add a creative edge to it. amazing stuff but also confusing: layer masks, layers, HDR...

i feel lost in the world of what i'd like to have and learn to use, what i can afford and what i acutally have the time to learn. my head spins and spins.

today, for our special time together the boys and i lept into the comfort of abstraction in the form of abstract art therapy. it was so cathartic.

here are our masterpieces for your enjoyment and mine as i look back on how much fun we had being backyard artists for the day.

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Your talent seems to run in the family :-).

Duffy said...

Great idea! The boys seem to love it too! And they obviously are no strangers to art. What a gift you give them!

love it!

AngelaPace said...

What fantastic ART! Looks like it was a blast and what a GREAT way to spend time with your boys!! You really ought to frame those! So good to see your blog - if you don't mind - I'll be checking in often!! ;)

Heasleye said...

I'm so impressed with the art!! That's terrific! And I can so relate to all the head spinning...I have so much to learn about processing, I want CS3, I have so many ideas about a photo business, I wish I could devote more time to it all, and yet homeschooling is also swimming around in my brain. Time is flyin' by and I just feel stuck!