Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3

Pages

Welcome

About Me

My photo
I am a family, portrait, wedding and lifestyle photographer. The process of making people comfortable with the camera is just as much of a passion for me as is capturing the moment. It is important to me to make the photo session experience a memorable one as well. I know it's a generic statement but I am passionate about life and the urgency to document the moments as they unfold. Take time to invest in the days of your lives. Call me--I can help! I've created a "book of days" gallery on my website: www.mbgpics.com where I do that for my own life. Hopefully it showcases who I am as a person as well as as a photographer.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

portraits....getting the right shots quickly











my friends, my models--and, this past saturday, my teachers. i struggle with getting quickly to the 'real shots'...the relaxed and fun ones. the ones that exist after the poses and the fake smiles. i thought today, since i know these folks pretty well, that i'd get better images of them.
wrong! my time ran out before i could really get the true images...before i could capture the true intimacy that i know exists within this family.
the sun was an issue for sure so there are more shadows in the images than i'd like but we did have fun hiking around this open space park. i ended up taking over 400 images--mostly posed ones. but i did get some candids that i liked.
my lingering question--what is the secret to getting the 'right' images in a quick period of time? and how do other photographers factor in the need reel in the fidgety kiddos within that quick time period too?
anyone feelin' my pain? been there? drop me a line please!








1 comments:

Andi said...

For me, I think of taking photos as something akin to watching a football game - or any sports game. You can see the setup, but you need to wait until the goal to shoot. If you're patient and watch for it, it gets easier!

Great photos, though!! That light is SO freakin' hard, but you did great!